May 19, 2020
Dear Friends of Willowtail,
we are initiating a “soft opening” of our business! We had considered not opening yet but many of you have been self-isolated for so long that a visit to Willowtail might be “just what the doctor ordered.” We feel if we all take precautions seriously, we do our part and you do yours, we should be as safe as possible for all the participants.
- Please take your temperature before your stay at Willowtail. If it is above 100.4 degrees (38 degrees Celsius), please let us know and we will reschedule your residency.
- Please wear a mask whenever you are around other guests or employees.
- Please respect the 6’ social distancing at all times during your visit when you are outside your cabin.
- For your greater safety, we are suspending our usual full assortment of breakfast items in your cabin.
- Our cabin will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before your arrival. Our cleaning crew will be wearing masks and gloves and use approved sterilization methods, in keeping with CDC regulations and protocol.
Click below for more detail about our policies
We miss all of you and hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you to all of you who have helped support us during this very difficult time.
Your understanding and encouragement has been wonderful.
We are grateful to all of you.
Stay safe and sane.
Peggy & Lee Cloy
Giving Tuesday Now is May 5th!
GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
Willowtail Springs Nature Preserve and Education Center is taking part in #GivingTuesdayNow.
Your donation made at #COGIVES will help us during this time of distancing and work force distribution.
A truly global threat like COVID-19 affects every person on the planet, and it presents an opportunity to come together as a global community and to Give Where You Live.
Willowtail enriches our community by building a creative network of practitioners in the arts, through inspiration and place.
Willowtail Springs Nature Preserve and Education Center is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit providing Residencies and Community Programs in the Arts and Nature with Scholarship and Partial-Scholarship Support
If you are looking for Willowtail Springs B&B Vacation Cabin Rentals, go to www.willowtailsprings.com to make a reservation.
Awards 1-3 week residencies, making available to emerging and established practitioners from all over the world in the arts and nature a stunning environment with diverse ecology.
Elegant cottages and private working studio fit seamlessly into this unique preserve.
Exquisite grounds, clear skies, forests, gardens, water and wild life make this an ideal and unusual resource for creating individually or in collaboration to inspiring curiosity and an intensity for learning.
Margy Dudley, Photographer, Artist, Writer, owner Open Shutter Gallery:
“This is a place that is timeless. The only voice you hear is the stillness and quiet, the present. Inspired by the wilderness and the creatures that inhabit it, the sounds of the breeze and the view of the setting sun. In nature we gain deeper understanding of ourselves and our place on this earth. This knowing comes from the land, is apparent to almost anyone who arrives. It’s immediate and almost magical. Only poetry can best describe what is felt in this place. To some it may feel sacred, to others it’s a connection lost. There is a growing list of retreats and residencies available in this graceful setting”.
Willowtail Springs Nature Preserve and Education Center:
– Promote creative expression in The Arts.
– Support and encourage those who seek to conserve, protect, and renew natural ecosystems.
– Provide and protect into perpetuity a place where practitioners can pursue and manifest their vision through exploration, reflection, research and collaboration.
Shoulder season stream,
Insights come into the flesh
Before the mind
Settling in the heart
Before it can catch its
A Willowtail residency exists to invite practitioners, in an array of fields and mediums, a time and space free from their usual obligations and distractions. Complete immersion into this space allows residents to contemplate and focus on their projects with the preserve’s sights, sounds and smells to inspire them. Essential to creating deeper works are the unexpected directions of thought and the expansion of nascent ideas into more robust and surprising creations.