Full-Scholarship, Partial-Scholarship and Fully Self-Funded Residencies:
Willowtail Springs Nature Preserve and Education Center provides a backdrop where The Arts and Nature can integrate. Within the vast beauty supporting the intimacy of this unique setting, the Nature Preserve and the Education Center has been structured to sustain into perpetuity the availability of a special experience to work without distractions.
Residents: You bring your projects, curiosity, knowledge, talents and pioneering thought. We provide the place and the space to explore. We offer you time to stretch your talents, in an extremely special adventure.
Willowtail offers one-week to three-week residencies during the entire year for scholarship-funded, partially-scholarship-funded and fully self-funded residencies for practitioners in The Arts.
Each resident is required to deliver a community offering within one calendar year of their residency. Whether this takes the form of a lecture, presentation, demonstration, teaching, slideshow of work, exhibition in the local community, is up to the resident.
Full-Scholarship-Partial-Scholarship and Fully Self- Residencies:
- Must be an emerging, established or mid-career practitioner in the visual arts, performing arts, film/multi-media, literature, music, ecology or natural sciences.
- Residencies are open to local, national and international applicants. All are encouraged to apply.
Full-Scholarship, Partial-Scholarship or Fully Self- Funded Residencies:
- August 1, 2017 -September 15, 2017 for one-week or three-week Full-Scholarship Residencies or Partial-Scholarship Residencies.
- Applications will be reviewed by October 15, 2017.
- Notifications will be sent by Nov. 30, 2017.
- Willowtail is currently looking for two residents in two different mediums dealing with the theme of water. We will look at writing, film, poetry, visual arts or music which deal with this theme.
- Submit applications and inquiries to: email@example.com
- The two residents awarded would both reside at Willowtail for two weeks at the same time and work both individually and in collaboration with each other on this theme.
For more information on eligibility criteria and selection process for Willowtail Residents, plus what the residency includes, please go to our Guidelines page.
- These scholarships will be awarded for $1500. per one – week residency.
The remaining $1500. is the responsibility of the applicant.
Fully Self-Funded Residencies
- These residencies are the same as the first two except the applicant, if chosen, covers the expenses of the residency.
Specials for 2017:
December, January and February, 2017:
Willowtail is offering twelve self- funded residencies for $900 per week.
Please indicate on your application if you are only interested in a Full-Scholarship Residency, or would like to consider the Partial-Scholarship Residency or the Fully Self-Funded Residency
Thank you. We hope to see you at Willowtail.
DAC In-Residence @ Willowtail Applications
APPLY for a Residency Through Durango Art Center
Through our partnership with the Durango Arts Center, one-week residencies are provided for those creatives living and working in Southwest Colorado. Resident artists are expected to propose and deliver a community offering based on their experience at Willowtail within one calendar year of their residency, whether this takes the form of a lecture, slideshow of work, exhibition, etc., is up to the resident.
- Must be an emerging, established or mid-career artists in the visual arts, performing arts, film/multi-media, literature, poetry or music.
- Must be a resident of La Plata, Archuleta, Montezuma, San Juan or Dolores Counties.
- Application Deadlines for 2017:
Scholarship-Funded Residencies have already been awarded for 2017.
Please check www.durangoarts.org for details and to apply.
For more information on what the residency includes and what the resident is responsible for please go over to our Guidelines page.
Questions about this residency opportunity can be directed to:
Cristie Scott, Executive Director of DAC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about Willowtail Springs Nature Preserve and Education Center can be directed to:
Peggy Cloy, Executive Director and Co-Founder of Willowtail.Org at email@example.com